Tuesday 15 February 2011

Robin Day Polo Chair

I have been lusting after one of Robin Day's polo chairs for as long as I can remember. My idea is to have six white dining chairs but each in a different design, a Harlequin set as my mum calls it. I already have a Eames DSW chair with a white base and maple legs from The Conran Shop.
(Image from The Conran Shop)


So the next purchase which my lovely school friends are getting me for my 30th is the Polo Chair with White polypropylene top and chrome sled base available from Loft International. Originally designed and 1973 Loft, based in Leeds Yorkshire, now manufacture these chairs entirely in the UK using local materials.

(Images from Loft International)

It is also available in 8 other colours including Eco which is completely made up of recycled materials. As you can see they are designed to be easily stacked. I would love one in each colour (they look so fantastic stacked) but I'm not sure I would ever need that many chairs! Shame!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...